Stay tuned for updates regarding the 2022 crane season!
They come as they have for thousands of years to this stretch of the Platte River—more than 600,000 Sandhill Cranes—to rest, feed and congregate in astonishing numbers before pushing on to their breeding grounds in the north. Now, as never before, you can experience the wonder of North America’s great Sandhill Crane migration on historic Crane Trust lands in the heart of Nebraska.
The arrival of the cranes on Nebraska’s Platte River—and the millions of other migratory birds that visit each spring—is one of the greatest wildlife spectacles on the continent. Peak viewing times occur at dawn and sunset, meaning there is an extremely short and exclusive window to experience this awe-inspiring scene.
The Crane Trust Nature & Visitor Center offers a variety of tour options to make sure your crane viewing experience is truly magical. Crane Trust river blinds are located along the largest Sandhill Crane roost in the world.
Your Sandhill Crane Migration Viewing Options
VIP Crane Safari and Experience: Immerse yourself in the migration by staying on the Crane Trust's private historic prairie in an all-inclusive 1-night VIP Crane Experience or 2-night VIP Crane Safari!
Important Rules & Guidelines
Please read the following rules and guidelines carefully to prepare for your great sandhill crane migration adventure.
- Age Restrictions: Children must be at least 12 years for Group Viewing and Footbridge tours. VIP and Photo Experience guests must be 18+.
- Pets are not permitted.
- Dress warmly and in layers. Early-spring mornings and evenings in Nebraska can be unpredictable and chilly. Blinds are unheated. Bring the warmest boots, coat, gloves and hat you have. Dress for 20 degrees below air temperature. Rain gear may be desirable in wet weather.
- No flashlights or flash photography.
- Bring cameras, binoculars or video equipment. Tripods are not allowed unless you're with a photo blind tour. Monopods are permitted.
- Review other frequently asked questions about the migration and the Crane Trust.
Group Viewing Tours/Footbridge Tours/Overnight Crane Photo Sessions: contact form or call (308) 382-1820. Be sure to leave a call back number and email address.
VIP Crane Viewing Experiences/VIP Crane Viewing Safari: email@example.com or (308) 833-3808
Photo Workshops and Photo Tours: firstname.lastname@example.org and (308) 833-3808