Reservations for the 2019 great Sandhill Crane migration group viewing tours will open in January 2019.
Your Sandhill Crane Migration Viewing Options
If you are doing the group tours, nearby hotels include Quality Inn (308-384-7770), Days Inn Grand Island (308-384-5006), Fairfield Inn & Suites (308-381-8980) and Candlewood Suites (308-381-7000)
Important Rules & Guidelines
Please read the following rules and guidelines carefully to prepare for your great sandhill crane migration adventure.
- Pets and children under 12 years old are not allowed to go into the blinds by the river.
- Dress warmly and in layers. Early-spring mornings and evenings in Nebraska can be unpredictable and chilly. Blinds are unheated. Bring the warmest boots, coat, gloves and hat you have. Dress for 20 degrees below air temperature. Rain gear may be desirable in wet weather.
- No flashlights or flash photography.
- Bring cameras, binoculars or video equipment. Tripods are not allowed.
- Only registered tour members will be allowed into the display room for the pre-tour presentation.
- Cancellations more than 7 days prior to the scheduled tour will receive a refund minus 10% for administrative costs. Cancellations between 49 hours and 168 hours prior will receive a 50% refund. No refunds for cancellations within the last 48 hours prior to your tour time unless the Crane Trust cancels the tour. The Crane Trust will cancel tours if Interstate 80 is closed anywhere between Lincoln and North Platte due to bad weather. In the event of a closure, we will attempt to reach you via email and by cell phone. In the event that the Crane Trust cancels a tour, you will receive a full refund.
- Review other frequently asked questions about the migration.